Mendoza’s Heavenly Hot Springs
When my mother visited me in Mendoza, I took her to my favorite off-the-grid oasis—a mountain spa with thermal baths located in the wee town of Cacheuta. I recommend this hidden gem to anyone interested in a wine-free day of relaxation in Mendoza.
You’ll know you’ve hit Cacheuta when the highway suddenly clings to vertical granite cliffs and converts into a rural dusty road.
The Termas Cacheuta Hotel & Spa is tucked away at the base of a canyon with an inconspicuous sign marking its entrance. The sandy arid terrain transforms into a glistening stretch of emerald when you reach the spa grounds. It’s like a mirage of the Swiss Alps in the middle of the desert.
The Terma Spa welcomes full-day guests with an assemblage of natural hot springs overlooking the scenic Mendoza River flowing downstream from the Andes.
The indoor/outdoor thermal spa circuit winds through gurgling curative waters ranging in temperature from 73 to 105 degrees. Bubble beds, a water volcano and a foot bath are strategically placed throughout the circuit to knead tense muscles.
The Natural Solarium has a basin of therapeutic mud for slathering all over your body and baking on the pool deck.
Once you’re good and cakey, scrub yourself clean in the bithermal hydrojet shower and kick back on the flowering Andaluz patio. Next, head underground to cavernous vaporarium and detoxify in its natural steam.
After completing a full thermal circuit, you’ll definitely be craving sustenance. A complimentary lunch is included in the spa’s entrance fee and you’ll get more than your money’s worth. You’ll need to make several trips to the buffet to sample the extensive spread of roasted vegetables, salads and tasty grilled meats.
After dining, relax on chaise lounge in the garden until you’re ready for an afternoon spa treatment or another convalescing soak in Cacheuta’s healing mineral waters.
- The Terma Spa Thermal Center is open from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM.
- Entrance Fee: $370 pesos per person or $420 pesos with transportation included.
- Terma Spa is located 30 minutes from downtown Mendoza. Transportation can be arranged by calling Productos de Cacheuta at +54 261 429 9133.
- Pregnant women and children below the age of 14 are prohibited.
- Check out their website for an interactive map of the spa center.
- Ruta Provincial N°82, Km 38, Cacheuta, Mendoza; +54 0262 449 0152; firstname.lastname@example.org